Terms of Email Marketing
CRM-service is a fully featured web-based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Sales Force Automation (SFA) solution offered through the Cloud. The part of CRM-service that includes eMarketing tools is called Email Marketing Portal.
“Email Marketing Portal” (also “Contact Portal” or “ECP”) is an email service offered through the Cloud that allows you to create, send, and manage email newsletters (each message is called an “Email”) to individual recipients. Email Marketing Portal is owned and operated by CRM-service Oy, a Finnish software solution and service company (“CRM-service” “we” or “us”). CRM-service has employees, independent contractors and resellers (“our Team”). Client (“Client”) is the legal company who has bought permission to use the Email Marketing Portal service from our Team.
If you’ve received unsolicited Email from one of our Clients, please notify us immediately at email@example.com. Every complaint is investigated, and you will receive a response from our abuse team detailing the action we’re taking to deal with the issue. CRM-service prohibits Clients from sending spam Email, and obligates Clients to obey target country email marketing rules and regulations. Any customer found using Email Marketing Portal to send such mail is banned from the use of our Email Marketing Portal services.
Our Team takes several steps to keep spam to a minimum. Among other things, we:
- Interview new Clients about both the origins of their mailing lists, and about their marketing practices. Clients who do not meet our standards are not allowed to use Email Marketing Portal.
- Use automatic mail ban list by Client level. This means that once you have marked Email as opt out from this source – you will no longer get any mail from this Client by the Email Marketing Portal.
- Check each uploaded mailing list for addresses that appear scraped (info@, sales@, etc.) or Opt Out and automatically eliminate these email addresses.
- Email sent through our system goes to a staging area where it is looked over by a member of the Email Marketing Portal staff. If we have any concerns, the mailing is stopped and we contact the Client.
- Immediately open an investigation if a Client sends an abuse complaint to our abuse address or through one of the feedback loops we maintain with many Internet and Email service providers.
- Record all sent Email messages so that these can be investigated afterwards if necessary.
If you suspect a Client of abusing our Email Marketing Portal (or have any questions regarding our policies), please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As noted above, all complaints are investigated and you will receive a response detailing the action we’re taking to deal with the issue.
E-mail marketing manners as an infographic.
– Finnish Law in e-marketing, Information Society Code 2014/917.
GENERAL TERMS (using Email Marketing Portal)
Client is responsible for keeping the account name and password confidential. Client is also responsible for any account that they have access to, whether or not they have authorized the use. Client is responsible to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of their accounts. CRM-service is not responsible for any losses due to stolen or hacked passwords. CRM-service does not have access to any of the current passwords, and for security reasons, we may only reset passwords.
Client is responsible for determining whether our Email Marketing Portal service is suitable for them to use in light of any regulations like EU Data Privacy Laws, or other laws. If Client is subject to regulations and they use our Email Marketing Portal, we won’t be liable if our Email Marketing Portal doesn’t meet those requirements. Client is responsible in all emailing actions that Client commits using Email Marketing Portal.
LIABILITY (using Email Marketing Portal)
CRM-service and our Team won’t be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, or consequential damages under any circumstances, even if they’re based on negligence or we’ve been advised of the possibility of those damages. Our total liability for all claims made about the Email Marketing Portal in any given month will be no more than what the Client paid us for the Email Marketing Portal the month before.
NO WARRANTIES (Email Marketing Portal)
Our Team provides the Email Marketing Portal cloud service as is. This means that we don’t provide warranties of any kind.
DISCLAIMERS (Email Marketing Portal)
CRM-service and our Team is not responsible for the behavior of any Clients, advertisers, linked websites, or other Members.